CAMP BUNN SUMMER CAMP 2018
Reservation Process / Fee Schedule
• If you complete "Step 1" before November 1st, 2017, your fee per scout in 2018 will be $245, provided you complete "Step 2" and pay in full by May 15th, 2018.
• If you complete "Step 1" between November 1st, 2017 and May 15th, 2018, your fee per scout in 2018 will be $260, provided you complete "Step 2" and pay in full by May 15th, 2018.
• If you register your unit after May 15th, 2018, your fee per scout will be $275 plus a $25 site fee.
STEP 1 - RESERVING YOUR CAMPSITE.
Now built in to "Step 2". If you are not ready to register your scouts/adults with Step 2, but have not yet reserved your campsite, please contact Jerry Daniels at 217-529-2727 or Jerry.Daniels@Scouting.org. Please refer to the campsite grid below for available sites. (There may be updates not shown on this grid).
If you have not yet reserved your campsite (Step 1), you can also do that here.
Effective for the 2018 BSA summer camp season, any adult accompanying a Boy Scout troop to a residence camp or other Scouting activity lasting 72 hours (cumulative) or more must be registered as a leader, including completion of a CBC (Criminal Background Check), and YPT, even if they are the parent of a youth on the trip. This must be completed prior to arriving at camp.
If you have any questions about this requirement, please contact the council office or Jerry Daniels at 217-529-2727 or Jerry.Daniels@scouting.org.
Complete and submit your merit badge worksheet at least two (2) weeks before arrival at camp.
Instructions for Merit Badge Worksheet
- Enter each scout and your troop number
- Mark an "x" in each class they want to take (only one x per start time)
- For online- Save this file as "Week X Troop XXXX Bunn 2015 Merit Badge Registration" (Replace X's with your week and unit numerals)
- For paper version- Print this sheet, follow first two directions and send to council office.
- Limited to 14 years and older scouts.
- There will be a $30 fee for the class at camp. (this is much lower than you would be able to rent PWC’s at other venues)
- Each class will be for one solid hour. Scouts will not be able to attend a Merit Badge directly before or after their PWC session.
Due to Illinois Law, scouts under 18 will need to have passed a boater’s safety course. Elligible courses are available online or in live courses.
- Youth members will need a release form, signed by their parents and, if they have one, a copy of their boater’s safety certificate.
- Every attempt will be made to fit interested 14 year-olds, with their troop, in to this new program.
SMALL BOAT SAILING
Registration for Small Boat Sailing can be completed on the merit badge worksheet.
Each Friday, a Sailboat Regatta will be held for Scouts who have been at camp that week. If Scouts are not current participants in the Sailing program, or alumni of Camp Bunn Sailing, they will have to demonstrate their ability to the Sailing Director before participating. “Ringers” are not welcome. After camp, each week’s winners will be invited to participate in a final regatta on July 22nd and compete for $1000 in college scholarships.