CAMP BUNN SUMMER CAMP 2019
Camp Director, James.Grable@Scouting.org, 217-529-2727
Reservation Process / Fee Schedule
• If you complete "Step 1" before November 1st, 2018, your fee per scout in 2019 will be $265, provided you complete "Step 2" and pay in full by May 15th, 2019.
• If you complete "Step 1" between November 1st, 2018 and May 15th, 2019, your fee per scout in 2019 will be $275, provided you complete "Step 2" and pay in full by May 15th, 2019.
• If you register your unit after May 15th, 2019, your fee per scout will be $290 plus a $25 site fee.
Effective for the 2019 BSA summer camp season, any adult accompanying a Boy Scout troop to a residence camp or other Scouting activity lasting 72 hours (cumulative) or more must be registered as a leader, including completion of a CBC (Criminal Background Check), and YPT, even if they are the parent of a youth on the trip. This must be completed prior to arriving at camp.
If you have any questions about this requirement, please contact the council office or James Grable at 217-529-2727 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete and submit your equipment and meal request form at least two (2) weeks before arrival at camp.
STEP 4 - MERIT BADGE WORKSHEET - DOWNLOAD HERE (revised 4-2-19)
Complete and submit your merit badge worksheet at least two (2) weeks before arrival at camp.
Instructions for Merit Badge Worksheet
New for 2019 - Each unit has been issued a unique registration link for their merit badge sign ups. This link was sent to your registration point of contact on 5/21/19.
-Please enter your Scouts information on the linked sheet and it will automatically sync with the Council. You can make changes to the sheet at any time, up until 2 weeks prior to camp.
If you have any issues please contact Chuck or James at the council office.
If your unit registered after 5/21/19 and needs a registration link please contact Chuck or James.
Limited to 14 years and older scouts.
There will be a $40 fee for the class at camp. (this is much lower than you would be able to rent PWC’s at other venues)
Each class will be for one solid hour. Scouts will not be able to attend a Merit Badge directly before or after their PWC session.
Due to Illinois Law, scouts under 18 will need to have passed a boater’s safety course. Elligible courses are available online or in live courses.
Youth members will need a release form, signed by their parents and, if they have one, a copy of their boater’s safety certificate.
Every attempt will be made to fit interested 14 year-olds, with their troop, in to this new program.
SMALL BOAT SAILING
Registration for Small Boat Sailing can be completed on the merit badge worksheet.
Each Friday, a Sailboat Regatta will be held for Scouts who have been at camp that week. If Scouts are not current participants in the Sailing program, or alumni of Camp Bunn Sailing, they will have to demonstrate their ability to the Sailing Director before participating. “Ringers” are not welcome. After camp, each week’s winners will be invited to participate in a final regatta on July 22nd and compete for $1000 in college scholarships.
2020 Reservation Process / Fee Schedule
• If you complete "Step 1" before November 1st, 2019, your fee per scout in 2020 will be $295, provided you complete "Step 2" and pay in full by May 15th, 2020.
• If you complete "Step 1" between November 1st, 2019 and May 15th, 2020, your fee per scout in 2020 will be $305, provided you complete "Step 2" and pay in full by May 15th, 2020.
• If you register your unit after May 15th, 2020, your fee per scout will be $315 plus a $25 site fee.