TRAINER'S EDGE - MARCH 24, 2018, COUNCIL OFFICE
WOODBADGE - aUGUST 24-26, 2018 (cAMP iLLINEK) & SEPTEMBER 28-30, 2018 (CAMP BUNN) - CALL THE OFFICE AT 529-2727 FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
BOY SCOUT LEADERS
For information on the courses below, download the
2017-2018 BOY SCOUT LEADER TRAINING BROCHURE - COMING SOON
CUB SCOUT LEADERS
To find out more about Cub Scout leader training, download the
Many adult leaders take advantage of supplemental and advanced training courses in the Boy Scouts of America for many reasons:
- Expand their comfort zone
- Learn new skills
- Be better prepared for issues
- To assure that they are offering a safe program for their Scouts
- To meet national requirements for outings and high adventure activities
- to be better able to guide their own youth leaders
To find out more about training "beyond the basics", download the
YOUTH PROTECTION TRAINING
- Youth Protection training is required for all BSA registered volunteers.
- Youth Protection training must be taken every two years. If a volunteer’s Youth Protection training record is not current at the time of recharter, the volunteer will not be reregistered.
You do not have to be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America to take Youth Protection training.
To take Youth Protection training go to My.Scouting.org and create an account. You’ll receive an email notification with your account information, including a member ID/reference number.
From the My.Scouting.org portal, click Menu then My Dashboard from the menu list. The My Training page displays to take Youth Protection training. Upon completion, you may print a training certificate to submit with a volunteer application. Your training will automatically be updated in our system and associated with the member ID/reference number issued when you created the account.
When your volunteer application is approved, you will receive a BSA membership card that includes your member ID number.